In response to a continuing countywide shelter-at-home mandate, Lindsay Wildlife Experience will remain closed to the public until further notice. We will reopen and resume our normal activities when the shelter-at-home mandate is lifted.
All events and programs are temporarily canceled. Lindsay Wildlife is following all state and local guidelines to help keep the community healthy and safe. Our hospital continues to accept sick and injured wildlife in a designated drop-off area that is checked between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
Our core animal husbandry and wildlife hospital staff is continuing their work caring for our animal ambassadors and patients. Our museum staff is working remotely on various educational projects including digital events and programming that will allow us to further our mission of connecting people with wildlife in exciting and innovative ways. Check our website for updates, and thank you so much for your continuous support.
We hope the following information answers some questions you may have:
How are the animal ambassadors and hospital patients? What is happening with their care?
- Our animal ambassadors and hospital patients are receiving the expert, compassionate care Lindsay Wildlife is known for, including husbandry and medical treatment.
During the closure, we are still able to receive injured animals. If you would like to bring us an injured animal, view instructions here and at the drop-off area by the hospital entrance. Please call our hotline for more information at (925) 935-1978.
What happens if I have scheduled a school or group tour?
- Schools and groups with scheduled tours affected by the closure should contact [email protected] to reschedule for a future date.
What happens if I have scheduled a special event?
- For individuals and groups that had booked special events during this time, please contact [email protected] to reschedule your event or receive a refund.
What happens with my membership during the closure?
- Because we value your support and don’t want you to miss out on any membership benefits, we are extending all memberships for 12 months from the day we reopen our doors. You can still purchase new memberships or renew during this time. We so deeply appreciate your support.
How can I support Lindsay during this closure?
- We realize these are challenging and uncertain times for everyone. We so value your support and hope to continue our mission to connect people with wildlife to inspire responsibility and respect for the world we share. You can make a financial contribution, become a member or renew your membership.
We are providing regular updates on our website, social media and via email (subscribe below). For information, please call us at (925) 935-1978 and leave a message.
Please stay healthy and safe as you care for yourself and your loved ones.