Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Celebrating its 65th anniversary in 2020, Lindsay Wildlife Experience connects people with wildlife to inspire responsibility and respect for the world we share. It is a unique natural history and environmental education center where live wild animals are just inches away from visitors. It serves more than 100,000 children and adults and treats more than 5,500 animals each year in its pioneering Wildlife Rehabilitation Hospital.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Communications and Marketing Coordinator will help manage and execute messaging and marketing campaigns to spread Lindsay’s mission and its wildlife conservation efforts. The Coordinator will support written and digital communications and marketing for the organization including the wildlife rehabilitation hospital, other departments and earned revenue programs. Projects may include production of a weekly e-newsletter, assistance with internal communications, social media, video editing and production, and targeted email blasts. This position will coordinate with internal and external partners, including vendors, to see projects through to completion. The incumbent will support marketing by generating creative content for Lindsay’s print materials, website, and email newsletter. They will also support communications and marketing efforts for marquee fundraisers and fundraising endeavors.
- Write and calendar social media posts and email marketing campaigns. Execute campaigns using MailChimp and various social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Edit pages and events on WordPress-based lindsaywildlife.org website.
- Assist with coordination, scheduling, basic video editing and production as needed to support the Events and Digital Programs Producer and Lindsay’s online efforts.
- Serve as project manager responsible for on-time execution and delivery of collateral pieces for various departments and programming efforts.
- Manage relationships with strategic marketing partners and vendors such as mail houses, printers, graphic designers, photographers to keep all parties on project timeline. Will be managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with 2-5 years of related experience working in communications and marketing.
- Experience in email marketing writing and production. Ability to write clearly and concisely for a variety of platforms including website, social media and newsletter.
- Experience with computer software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint), Mailchimp email marketing platform and utilizing web design tools i.e. WordPress.
- Familiar with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, iMovie and Premiere.
- Knowledge of the project cycle of direct mail/collateral production and the development of creative resources.
- Good judgment and ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- May substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in museums, zoos, aquariums, or animal welfare organizations is a plus.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: Ability to temporarily work from home and participate in online meetings and conference calls as needed. Physical ability to lift 30 pounds and actively participate in the logistical and operational tasks of all events. Willing to work a flexible schedule. Lindsay is a drug-free, smoke-free environment, as is most of the City of Walnut Creek, including most public and business outdoor environments.
Hours, Benefits & Compensation
This position pays $21/hour. This is a non-exempt 24 hour a week position. Lindsay offers a competitive benefits package including paid sick time, vacation and holidays.
Send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three references to: [email protected]. Please put “Communications and Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
Automatic applications from websites, such as Indeed, will not be considered. References will not be checked without permission.
*Submit all materials in PDF format with your first initial and last name in the document name.
First review date: September 30, 2020
Qualified applicants will be asked to submit writing samples/ portfolio.
Position will be posted until filled.
Lindsay Wildlife is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. Lindsay Wildlife does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation or physical condition.