Guest Experience Birthday Party Associate
Lindsay Wildlife Experience connects people with wildlife to inspire responsibility and respect for the world we share. It is a unique natural history and environmental education center where live wild animals are just inches away from visitors. It serves more than 100,000 children and adults and treats more than 5,000 animals each year in its pioneering Wildlife Rehabilitation Hospital.
The Guest Experience Birthday Party Associate is the “face of the party.” Exemplary customer service is the standard at Lindsay Wildlife Museum. The Guest Experience Birthday Party Associate is responsible for providing friendly, gracious, and efficient service to our birthday party guests. The Guest Experience Birthday Party Associate greets the party guests, checks them in, answers their questions, and lightly monitors the party, acting as the Lindsay Wildlife host. The associate also supports the Guest Experience team with admissions and membership sales and performs light tasks, as needed.
- Greet party guests, lead them to the party room(s), answer their questions, assist them with various needs, and lightly monitor the party.
- Ensure that the party host vacates the party space by the designated time and that guests have left the room in the same condition as upon arrival. Work with the Operations team to reset tables and chairs, and/or vacuum. Ensure that the room is set up and sanitized for the next party.
- Answer multi-line phone system, direct calls to appropriate staff or departments and provide accurate and current information regarding museum exhibits & events. Proper radio protocol should be followed when contacting staff and/or volunteers by radio.
- Perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to: maintaining appearance of reception area; maintaining a clean, tidy, well-stocked store; maintaining supply of brochures and other museum information in lobby; price and display merchandise; and other general retail and office tasks.
- Follow safe work practices and maintain a safe work environment. Report safety hazards to management as soon as those hazards become apparent. Remain knowledgeable about emergency action plan, animal escape plan and fire prevention plan. Integrate safety training techniques and practices such as proper lifting, bending, reaching etc., to all work.
- Occasionally accept admission fees; sell merchandise from museum store, complete paperwork and computer entry. Follow proper credit card and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to help sell memberships.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Retail experience including cash register, reconciliation and PC database computer experience is a plus.
- Must project a friendly and professional demeanor, and be able to interact well with a wide range of people of all ages and personalities. Patience is a requirement.
- Excellent customer service skills including maintaining a calm and gracious manner with visitors including excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent phone manners and keen attention to detail is required.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a busy environment is essential.
- Desire to support and interpret the mission of the museum.
Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs. There is a need to stand, stoop, twist, walk, lift boxes, chairs, tables, climb stairs and similar actions during the course of the workday. The museum is a drug-free, smoke-free environment, as is most of the city of Walnut Creek, including most public and business outdoor environments. The associate reports to the Guest Experience Manager and Assistant Manager.
Hours, Benefits & Compensation
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a pay rate of $17-19 per hour. The schedule is 4-6 hours per day on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
To apply for this opportunity send cover letter, resume, and three references to: [email protected] Please put “Guest Experience Birthday Party Associate” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
References will not be checked without permission.
*Submit all materials in PDF format with your first initial and last name in the document name
Open until filled.