Wetland Hike Instructor
The mission of Lindsay Wildlife Experience is connecting people and wildlife to inspire responsibility and respect for the world we share.
Lindsay Wildlife Experience is seeking experienced and enthusiastic instructors to support this mission by delivering engaging, hands-on programming to grade school participants in a wetland field trip partnership with Mt View Sanitary District. This program is free for Contra Costa schools, and explores a nearby wetland environment weekly September through November and again March through May. December through February the program is offered as a modified classroom outreach program.
Position does not include handling animals.
- Lead educational programming for participants in grades 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
- Support general program operation such as setup and cleanup of program activities in a wetland landscape, and overseeing participant check-in
- Attend trainings and meetings as needed
- Camp instructors may be asked to serve as an educator in other outreach programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Experienced instructor: Experience in a camp or informal learning setting preferable
- Able to serve as a role model to program participants
- Passionate about California wildlife and the environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team of both staff and volunteers.
- Must be in good physical condition – activities include bending, kneeling, standing, carrying, walking up to a mile, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- College degree required: Degree in Biology, Education, or related field preferred
- Must be available for a 5-hour shift between 8:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays, September through November and again February through May.
Hours, Benefits & Compensation
- $100 per 5-hour shift.
- Approximately 1-2 shifts per week September through May.
To apply for this opportunity, submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Bryan Mosley, Education Specialist, Lindsay Wildlife Experience: [email protected]
No phone calls, please.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Lindsay Wildlife Experience to afford equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Open until filled.