Lindsay Wildlife Brings World Famous Environmental Scholars, Experts and Explorers to Walnut Creek!
SF Premiere Bay Area Science and Education Center bringing Dr. Wade Davis and legendary Zoologist Jack Hanna for second annual season!
After an immensely successful inaugural year, Lindsay Wildlife Experience is proud to announce its second season of Conservation Icons! And on January 5, 2019, Lindsay has secured premiere speaker, famed anthropologist, ethnobotanist and author Dr. Wade Davis! And don’t miss Feb. 28 when Jungle Jack Hanna and his animals come to Walnut Creek for one night only!
Join Lindsay and SNAKE, rattle and roll on Sept. 15 when rattlesnake expert Dr. Emily Taylor with California Polytechnic State University come to Lindsay!
The Conservation Icons series aims to educate, entertain and inspire change! And this year, tickets will sell out with speakers including founder of the Unbound Project, Raabia Hawa, who works to protect Kenyan wildlife, and Joel Reynolds from the Natural Resources Defense Council, who is quite literally the Earth’s lawyer. From whales and rattlesnakes to the devastating effects of invasive species, these speakers will drive home the need for conservation and action to save our planet.
2018-19 Conservation Icons Speaker schedule
- Aug. 11: Dr. Ari Friedlaender, UC Santa Cruz, Oregon State University—Orcas and Humpback Whales
- Sept. 15: Dr. Emily Taylor, Cal Poly—Rattlesnakes
- Oct. 13: Raabia Hawa, Walk With Rangers—Kenyan Wildlife
- Nov. 10: Dr. Dan Simberloff, Harvard and University of Tennessee Knoxville— Invasive Species
- Jan. 5, 2019: Dr. Wade Davis, University of British Columbia—Life’s Diversity*
- Feb. 28, 2019: Jack Hanna, Jungle Jack and animals!*
- March 23: Joel Reynolds, Natural Resources Defense Council—Defendingthe Earth*
* These two presentations will be held at Lesher Center for the Arts. The rest will be held at Lindsay Wildlife Experience.