Lindsay Wildlife welcomes famed environmental scientists, scholars and conservationists to Walnut Creek
SF Premiere Bay Area Science and Education Center bringing environmental scientist Dr. Jonathan Foley,
cheetah expert Laurie Marker and other luminaries for third annual speaker series!
Lindsay Wildlife Experience is proud to announce its third season of Conservation Icons, which brings notable thinkers, researchers, and conservation leaders to Walnut Creek. The third season kicks off Sept. 7 with Dr. Jamie Peyton, who pioneered using fish skin to treat wounds on wildlife.
Premiere speaker for the series will be Dr. Jonathan Foley. The world-renowned environmental scientist and executive director of Project Drawdown, will talk about the immediate threat of climate change at the Lesher Center for the Arts on Nov. 22, as part of the series.
Join Lindsay and learn all about amazing efforts to save endangered wild cheetahs on Oct. 13 with famed cheetah expert Dr. Laurie Marker, founder of Cheetah Conservation Fund in Namibia. Other speakers include UC Davis professor Dr. Jamie Peyton, who has pioneered the use of tilapia skin on injured animals; writer, artist and naturalist Obi Kaufmann, author of the bestselling “The California Field Atlas,” and “The State of Water: Understanding California’s Most Precious Resource,” and Richard Neidhardt, who tracks endangered condors in Pinnacles National Park.
2019-2020 Conservation Icons Speakers schedule
- 6 p.m. Sept. 7, 2019 Dr. Jamie Peyton, UC Davis, Tilapia skin medical breakthrough
- 6 p.m. Oct. 13, 2019 Dr. Laurie Marker, Cheetah Conservation Fund
- 6 p.m. Nov. 22, 2019 Dr. Jonathan Foley, Project Drawdown*
- 6 p.m. Jan. 11, 2020 Obi Kaufmann, naturalist, artist and author of “The California Field Atlas,” and “The State of Water: Understanding California’s Most Precious Resource.”
- 6 p.m. Feb. 8, 2020 Dr. Lisa Tell, UC Davis, Hummingbird health and conservation
- 6 p.m. March 28, 2020 Carlos de la Rosa, Wildlife conservation efforts in California and abroad.
- 6 p.m. April 17, 2020 Harry Fuller, journalist, guide and bird expert, Great gray owls.
- 6 p.m. May 9. 2020 Richard Neidhardt, Pinnacles National Park, California condors
*This presentation will be held at Lesher Center for the Arts. The rest will be held at Lindsay Wildlife Experience.
Series Subscription Tickets are $60 for Lindsay Wildlife members and $95 for non-members for the seven events. The Dr. Jonathan Foley lecture will be held at the Lesher Center for the Arts, and tickets for that event must be purchased separately. Click here for series tickets!
Individual tickets are $10 for members and $15 for members, and go on sale one month before the event date.