Get Outside with Lindsay All Summer!
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., May 16, 2017—Enjoy the great outdoors as Lindsay Wildlife Experience encourages visitors to “Get Outside!” and enjoy the wildlife all around them all summer long! Come to Lindsay for nature and conservation-themed events, activities and inspiration, including “Nature Play,” a children’s favorite, on Member Tuesdays.
After visiting Lindsay, or even during, the wildlife center is encouraging visitors to participate in Lindsay’s very first Citizen Science Project!
Through iNaturalist, Lindsay has started its very own project. This summer, Lindsay is asking everyone to photograph and identify the wildlife they see! Lindsay is asking people to share photos and do their own identification of animals, plants and flowers in the Bay Area and beyond. Taking a trip to Yosemite this summer? Tell Lindsay what you see through iNaturalist! Don’t know what something is? Ask for help through the iNaturalist project. Lindsay is holding a special Nature Speak on Sunday, June 25 at 2 p.m. to teach people about using iNaturalist. Come to this workshop and get the tools you need so you can go out into the world and be a 21st century naturalist! To learn exactly how to use this feature, go to: http://www.inaturalist.org/pages/getting+started. Once you download the app, search for “Lindsay Wildlife Experience” to add to our project.
“iNaturalist is an easy and enjoyable way to connect with a community of thousands of nature observers from all over the world,” said Lindsay Director of Education James Madden. “Not only do the members contribute millions of images, but some dedicated folks will help identify organisms that you observe in your environment!”
More “Get Outside” Activities:
- Every Member Tuesday, beginning June 13, come to Lindsay’s outdoor classroom at 11 a.m. and experience Nature Play! All ages welcome, but this nature-themed playgroup provides an opportunity for our member families with 2-5 year olds to play outside and discover the sights, sounds, and sensations all around them.
- Member Movie Night: The Rescuers Down Under. Watch a pair of mice in the Australian Outback as they rescue a young boy and a golden eagle on Friday, July 14.
- Summer Nature Speak: Come to Lindsay on Sundays to learn about the great outdoors with adult Summer Nature Talks! Beginning Sunday, June 11 with Richard Neidhardt discussing the California condor, you will always learn something new!
- Wild. Animal Exhibition: It’s a Wild World! Saturday, June 10, Lindsay is partnering with Wildlife Associates to bring you an African crested porcupine, an armadillo, and a serval cat! This presentation is only for Lindsay members. Pre-registration is required, as spaces are limited.
- Friday, June 30, come to Lindsay and celebrate Lord Richard’s 43rd birthday! The oldest captive turkey vulture in California will have a birthday party lasting all day long! Make a birthday card for Richard and enjoy some special birthday cake! Then adults can come for Richard’s After-Party! A night of wine, beer, animals and trivia only for those 21+.
About Lindsay Wildlife Experience:
Lindsay connects people with wildlife to inspire responsibility and respect for the world we share. It is a unique natural history and environmental education center where wild live animals are just inches away from visitors. It serves more than 100,000 children and adults and treats more than 5,600 animals each year at the first wildlife rehabilitation hospital established in the U.S.
For more information: Please call (925) 935-1978 or visit lindsaywildlife.org