Neon Scorpion Hikes Start April 9
Come take a walk on the WILD side and catch a glimpse of scorpions in their natural habitat during an evening Neon Scorpion Hike on beautiful Mount Diablo! Learn all about these fascinating arachnids during one of eight guided walks.
Using special UV lights, you’ll be able to see these amazing creatures glow neon green due to naturally occurring fluorescent chemicals in their exoskeletons. These popular 2-mile hikes are a great way to learn about local wildlife while enjoying the outdoors.
Hikes are held on Saturdays and Sundays on the following dates and last for 2 hours:
- 7:15-9:15 p.m. Saturday, April 9
- 7:15-9:15 p.m. Sunday, April 10
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday, April 23
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. Sunday, April 24
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday, May 7
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. Sunday, May 8
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday, May 21
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. Sunday, May 22
The cost is $20 for members and $25 for non-members. Click here to register!