What’s an OWL?
Lindsay Wildlife Experience’s OWLs program, formerly known as Interpretive Guide, is a year-round educational experience that provides teens ages 12–18 the opportunity to learn about animals and nature, explore career opportunities, meet other teens with similar interests, and action-forward steps to preserve the natural world that we know and love. We seek positive, responsible, enthusiastic teens with an interest in learning about native California wildlife and conservation who can interact with Lindsay visitors.
Outstanding Wildlife Leaders:
- Work a 2.5 hour shift each week
- Provide educational programming to guests of all ages.
- Answer questions and provide information about live animal and natural history exhibits.
- Care for Lindsay Wildlife’s collection of domestic Pet Education animals.
- Learn to handle domestic mammals, reptiles, and invertebrates.
- Attend a multitude of off-site outreaches & field trips
- Assist with children’s activities in our interactive spaces.
- Conduct tours for scout groups.
- Are an integral part of Lindsay Wildlife’s mission of connecting people with wildlife.