Thank you for your interest in becoming a Lindsay Wildlife Experience homecare volunteer and helping rehabilitate wildlife. Providing home care is an extremely rewarding experience and many of our patients do very well with our trained volunteers.
In order to ensure that we can work together to help sick, injured and orphaned California native wildlife, please read the following before you fill out an interest form:
- You must live within 30 miles of Lindsay Wildlife Experience at 1931 First Ave., Walnut Creek, CA 94597.
- Caregivers must be at least 18 years of age (exception by prior arrangement).
- To protect the health of our wildlife patients, other volunteers and staff, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date on boosters. Proof of vaccination is required.
- To comply with California Department of Fish and Wildlife regulations, we will perform an onsite or remote inspection of the space in your home to be used for care. If you are caring for indoor patients, you must have a secluded area/spare room that is not used for household activities and is not accessible by family pets. If you are caring for outdoor patients, you need space for an enclosure in your backyard that is separate from areas used for family activities or pets.
- Every effort must be made to ensure wildlife patients are not treated like pets or become habituated or dependent on human care. A patient’s survival in the wild could depend on avoiding humans.
- You will be required to participate in species-specific training and fulfill other requirements, such as receiving a rabies pre-exposure vaccination depending on the species you will be caring for.
Please click here to fill out a volunteer interest form. Thank you again for your interest!