What’s an OWL?
The Outstanding Wildlife Leader (OWL) program (formerly the Interpretive Guides) is a year-long service-learning leadership experience designed for teens ages 13–18. OWLs are an essential part of the Lindsay Wildlife Education team and will have the opportunity to explore the world of environmental education, learn about California wildlife & conservation, and connect with a community of peers who share their interests. We seek a positive and responsible teen who is ready to connect people with wildlife!
Outstanding Wildlife Leaders:
- Commits to completing a minimum of 100 service hours during the program year.
- Learn to safely handle and interpret for Lindsay’s mammals, reptiles, and invertebrates ambassadors.
- Regularly attends onsite weekly shift and provide husbandry care for Lindsay’s domestic animal ambassadors.
- Support conservation-focused programs & presentations.
- Participate in professional development activities, and much more!