California Wildlife Day: Lindsay Celebrates with Dollar Day!
Lindsay Wildlife Experience admission for all will drop to $1 on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 as part of the Third Annual California Wildlife Day! The pioneering wildlife education center was one of the few to celebrate this new special day in 2017. Lindsay’s mission is based on connecting people to wildlife and what better way to support our mission then provide, virtually free, access to education on California native wildlife to children and adults alike on March 20.
We will offer specialized programs focused on state endangered species and those endemic to California. There will be special opportunities for adults and children alike to advocate for the protection of wildlife, as well as for the environment.
- 10 a.m. to noon Ruth Bancroft Garden
- 11 a.m. Meet Lindsay’s North American porcupine!
- 11:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Story Time with Contra Costa Library
- 11:30 a.m. Wild California program to feature endangered California red-legged frog
- Noon: Meet an Eagle with Lindsay’s bald eagle
- 3 p.m: Water Wonders, learn about the California animals who make their homes in the creeks!
And join us for a special 4 p.m. Eco Heroes program featuring Lynn Schofield Peterson, Staff Biologist at The Institute for Bird Populations. She will talk about Wildlife and Wildfire: Animal Adaptations for a Dynamic Ecosystem! Wildfires are an important part of many ecosystems around the world. Many species are adapted for these ever-changing systems, and they have developed a wide variety of strategies for making the best of the post-fire habitat. However, these systems exist in a delicate balance. Get to meet, Shadow the great grey owl, a California wildlife species impacted by fire ecology.
Lindsay Wildlife Experience
- (925) 935-1978
- 1931 First Ave., Walnut Creek, California, 94597, United States
Dollar Day for California Wildlife Day 2019
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
10:00 am - 5:00 pm